Trends of activities of the Committee on Health Affairs shall be:
1) to draft laws regulating health care of the population, as well as public health and public health activities, and to present conclusions relative to the drafts of the said laws and other acts referred to the committee for consideration;
2) to co-ordinate the work of the interested State institutions and other organisations in drafting laws on the issues within the competence of the committee;
3) to consider and present proposals concerning the formation of the State health policy;
4) to exercise parliamentary control of health system institutions and other institutions related to the solution of individual and public health problems, and to submit proposals and recommendations for the improvement of the activities thereof;
5) to control implementation of the health care reform and the process of development of the Lithuanian National Health System.