The trends of activities of the Committee on Education, Science and Culture shall be:
1) to prepare and consider drafts of laws, directives and other documents which regulates education, science, culture and provision of information, and to present proposals relative thereto;
2) to consider and present conclusions on draft documents, referred to the committee, which are related to education, science, culture and provision of information, as well as other projects, ascertaining whether they are in conformity with the State policy on these issues;
3) to prepare proposals and recommendations for the Government and local authorities concerning education, science, culture and provision of information;
4) to provide support to persons, organisations and institutions engaged in cultural activities.
5) to exercise parliamentary control of the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Culture, and other cultural institutions.