The trends of activities of the Committee on Environmental Protection shall be:
1) to draft laws and other legal acts, as well as proposals on the issues pertaining to environmental protection, the use of natural resources, forestry, hunting and fisheries;
2) to co-ordinate the work of the interested State institutions and other organisations in the process of drafting laws on the issues which fall within the competence of the committee;
3) to conduct an examination in terms of environmental protection of draft laws and other legal acts referred to the committee;
4) to prepare and consider proposals concerning the formation of Lithuanias environmental protection policy;
5) to exercise parliamentary scrutiny in terms of environmental protection of the activities of all institutions, to present proposals and recommendations for the improvement of the activities of these institutions;
6) to examine international legal acts pertaining to environmental protection, and to present proposals and conclusions to the Seimas.