Deputy Speakers of the Seimas shall:
1. The Deputy Speakers of the Seimas shall carry out the functions assigned to them by the Speaker of the Seimas.
2. When necessary, the Speaker of the Seimas may charge one of them to deputise for the Chancellor of the Seimas.
3. The Deputy Speakers of the Seimas shall within 24 hours sign the minutes of Seimas sittings as well as decision of the Board of the Seimas, provided they have presided over those sittings upon the Speakers of the Seimas charge.
4. In the event that the Speaker of the Seimas is temporarily away or has been taken ill and is unable because of that to execute his duties, the first Deputy Speaker of the Seimas or another Deputy Chairman of the Seimas, at the behest of the Seimas, shall deputise for him during such period.
5. If, in the cases specified in Article 89 of the Constitution, the Speaker of the Seimas temporarily acts as President of the Republic, and as a result thereof has lost his powers in the Seimas, his Deputy shall temporarily act as Speaker of the Seimas at the behest of the Seimas.
6. The resolution (preliminary or adopted for a concrete case) concerning the temporary performance of the duties of the Speaker of the Seimas or deputising for him shall be adopted by the Seimas on the motion of the Speaker of the Seimas.